PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Injections
The PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma), or platelet mesotherapy, the “Vampire Lift” technique
Until now, this technique has been used in traditional medicine for treating wounds, lesions and other musculoskeletal conditions (arthrosis, tendinitis, etc.), but the aesthetic, anti-aging medical field is now fully exploring the PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injections. The PRP recently got huge media attention because many celebrities revealed undergoing this procedure, referred to as the “Vampire Lift” or “Plasma Lift”. A well deserved renown, since the rejuvenating effects are visible.
PRP injections for anti-wrinkles and facial rejuvenation treatments
We use PRP injections to stimulate the skin’s stem cells, which reactivates the collagen production and thus has a positive effect on the skin rejuvenation.
To be more specific, the platelet-rich plasma provides good results in several different areas of the skin rejuvenation:
- Skin embellishment and a radiant-looking skin: thanks to the PRP, the skin has an improved tone and texture, it looks more elastic and youthful.
- Wrinkle treatment: platelet-rich plasma injections provide good results in the rejuvenation of the face and the clivage, and visible reduction of the wrinkles and fine lines.
- Treating skin imperfections: the procedure also helps reducing brown spots, scarring, and refines the skin texture.
- Treating dark circles: PRP injections reduces dark circles, improving their color and texture. The under-eye area will look less hollow.
- Treating hair loss: when injected into the scalp, platelet-rich plasma will help slow down hair loss.
The PRP procedure
The practitioner will first draw some of your blood, just as in any blood test. The blood will be processed by centrifuging in order to extract the platelet-rich plasma. We will then re-inject this platelet concentrate back into the skin, using micro-needling in different areas like the face, the neck, the clivage, the hands, just like in a mesotherapy session.
We give priority to the patient’s comfort and pain reduction, so we use the new electronic syringe Juvapen, which also provides the highest precision.
There is no risk of allergic reaction, because PRP is derived from your own blood, thus your own DNA.
The first results can be expected the same day, since the skin will visibly look more firm, more elastic and radiant. Many patients can actually feel the skin being ”reactivated” during the procedure.
The results will be optimal after a few weeks.
For best results, we recommend 2 to 4 sessions of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, one per month, alternating with mesotherapy / skin booster sessions. The PRP procedure can also be used in conjunction with LED sessions, which will improve the quality of the treatment as well as your comfort. Then, one session every year will allow you to maintain a rejuvenated, radiant-looking skin.
Feel free to contact Dr. Raspaldo’s surgery practice in Geneva for more information.
Discover the other types of injections we offer: correcting the nose with hyaluronic acid injections, reducing wrinkles with botulinum toxin injections, facial rejuvenation with injectables.
Want to know more?
Need an appointment?