The LED Phototherapy – the fast rejuvenating treatment
The LED Phototherapy is a fast treatment used for rejuvenation but also against skin conditions like acne, stretch marks and scars.
WHAT IS LED PHOTOTHERAPY?
Inspired by NASA research on photosynthesis, this innovating technology known as LED Phototherapy, LED Light Therapy or simply LED therapy (“Light Emitting Diode”) is now a well proven procedure in the aesthetic medicine field and a reliable alternative to surgery.
The LED light therapy deserves its place on top of the rejuvenating techniques list, because it’s a mild and painless procedure with very good results on the skin quality and vitality.
The LED is a monochromatic light with noticeable effects on the skin’s healing process : the light stimulates the fibroblasts activity, thus stimulating the collagen and elastin production. The LED light is also a colagenase and hyaluronidase inhibitor (these are enzymes responsible for altering the collagen and the hyaluronic acid).
The cell activity is therefore stimulated, which will result in a rejuvenation and a revitalization of the skin. Wrinkles and fine lines will be reduced, the skin elasticity will be improved. This action can be enhanced by the prior application of a light-sensitive solution (dynamic phototherapy). It is similar to a peel.
IS IT FOR ME ?
The LED Phototherapy is appropriate for you if you are seeking for a mild but efficient treatment to reinvigorate your skin and reduce scars, stretch marks or acne.
- LED Phototherapy as an anti-aging treatment: the procedure has a plumping effect, the skin becomes smoother and more firm. The light tightens the pores and refines the skin’s texture for a more radiant complexion. Used in association with a light-sensitive peel, it will help reduce dark spots on the skin.
- LED Phototherapy for skin repair : it accelerates healing (lifting, laser…) The LED can also deliver good results in treating red spots, scarring, sun burn or skin irritations caused by aesthetic treatments (peels, derma abrasif procedures or fractional laser).
- LED Phototherapy for stretch marks : the treatment will significantly improve the marks aspects (reduced depth and folds, repigmentation).
- LED Phototherapy for acne : the procedure reduces persistent acne, acne rosacea and can even be efficient on brown patches or acne-scars.
- LED Phototherapy in addition to injections and other skin care : the LED light is the ideal complement to many aesthetic treatments such as botulinum toxin, Hyaluronic acid, radiofrequency, laser, peels, etc.
The LED Phototherapy is suited for all skin types (sensitive skin, tan skin, white skin or black skin).
HOW IT WORKS
Before the procedure, a deep cleansing is performed in order to clean and free your skin of any trace of makeup.
The LED light is placed a few centimeters from your face. You will only feel a pleasant sensation on the skin. The whole procedure is very similar to a confortable and relaxing facial session. You will simply lay under the LED light, with protection on your eyes, listening to music if you like, and enjoying a Cannes warm feeling.
The treatment duration, intensity and light vary for each patient.
The LED light therapy has absolutely no down-time, you can even put make-up on right after the session.
HOW MANY SESSIONS WILL I NEED AND WHEN CAN I SEE RESULTS ?
For optimal results, Dr. Hervé Raspaldo, surgeon and practitioner in Geneva generally recommands one session a week, for 6 weeks and then 1 session a month for 4 months. This is only a general indication and the treatment time will vary according to your personal needs.
Results may be seen after 6 to 8 treatments. But since collagen keeps building up, the skin changes are progressive and can last for several months following a LED Phototherapy treatment.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF LED LIGHT THERAPY COMPARED TO OTHER SKIN TREATMENTS ?
Unlike laser or other, more invasive treatments, no special precautions are necessary for the LED light. There is no risk of sun exposure. The energy delivered only causes a slight redness on the skin, which disappears after a few hours.
There is no downtime, you can return to normal activity right away.
WHAT KIND OF LED LAMP DO YOU USE?
Dr. Hervé Raspaldo, surgeon in Geneva, selected the most recent and effective medical LED lamps on the french market, associated to a French expertise. He clearly made the choice of advanced technology to provide the most effective results.
Dr. Raspaldo, surgeon in Geneva will be happy to answer all your questions.
Want to know more?
Need an appointment?